Industry Standards Advancement
– Company originally founded as “NeuRDS Inc.” by a team of Northwestern University graduate students following a course entitled “NuVention: Medical Innovations”.
– Initial focus addressed a problem that surgeons faced when implanting spinal neurostimulators: unreliable power wires.
– Challenges led to invention of NuCurrent’s MLMT antenna technology, which was subsequently patented.
– Intel asks NuCurrent to help with consumer electronics charging. NuCurrent’s antennas provide 10x larger charging area with 50% thinner receiver antennas and 70% thinner transmitter antennas.
– Texas Instruments asks NuCurrent for a more durable, PCB-based version of the Wireless Power Consortium’s (WPC) A6 coil for automotive applications. NuCurrent outperforms the next-best solution with a 20% greater Q factor, and Texas Instruments submits the technology and design to the WPC to become the A21 standard.
– NuCurrent works with Medtronic, St. Jude Medical and Nevro to remove wires from neurostimulators after lead wires produce failures 40% of the time.
– NuCurrent named as one of the Top 50 Influencers in Wireless Power by Wireless Power World.
– Molex becomes first large licensee of NuCurrent’s patented technology.
– NuCurrent raises Series A financing from private investors including Independence Equity, Hyde Park Angels, and Harvard Business School Angels.
– NuCurrent magnetics technology launches in industry-leading mobile phone.
– NuCurrent announces world’s first 15W dual-mode (Qi/AirFuel) single-structure FPCB coil.
– NuCurrent announces world’s smallest 200KHz receiver coil for wearable and hearable applications (10mmx6mm).
– NuCurrent announces proprietary vertical charging capability allowing devices to charge at 90° angles.
– NuCurrent provides wireless power for diabetes pump application.
– NuCurrent technology enables infrastructure installations in hotels, airport lounges, office furniture and sports stadiums.
– NuCurrent patents novel and efficient model of through-metal charging systems.
– NuCurrent develops miniature transmitter/receiver wireless connector system to replace physical connectors in medical instruments and in challenging connector environments (1.5W delivered in 10x4x4.5mm SMT package).
– NuCurrent provides proprietary systems enabling loose coupling, 1:multiple charging and wide z-gap variance for multiple applications, including durable computing, shoes, hearables and textiles.
– NuCurrent provides plug-and-play modules for Qi Transmit modules for seamless integration into customer products.
– NuCurrent is driving the bleeding edge of wireless power technology innovation and supporting global customers on the most interesting, challenging and important wireless power systems.
At NuCurrent, new ideas are built from the ground up. Meet the wireless power pros who are leading our pioneering efforts.
Our strength is diversity. Diversity of background. Diversity of experience. Diversity in point of view. But that’s what brings us together. That’s what leads us to go beyond and encourage each other to innovate.
“We speak many languages here (18 to be exact), but every one of us is fluent in wireless power.”
“Company culture, diversity, and the project complexities helped me choose NuCurrent as my first full-time job. In the past three years, my team and I have grown immensely from the scope of unique projects.”
What does it mean to work at NuCurrent? Well, it means a few things. Working at the forefront of the latest wireless charging technology. Working with customers creating game-changing products. Working with people who challenge you, support you, and help you do work that fulfills you.