Digital Content Producer (Technical)
Experience: 3-5 years of experience developing content for complex technical solutions.
Portfolio matters more than background, but we’d love to see an engineer who enjoys producing content, or a content producer who groks Popular Mechanics or builds Tesla coils in their spare time.
Location: Chicago, IL USA Company Headquarters
Role Description: NuCurrent is looking for a technical Digital Content Producer to showcase the company’s innovations and thought leadership within the wireless power industry. This isn’t any old content job. Yes, you need to be able to write well, shoot and edit video, understand SEO, update WordPress and work with other creative marketing professionals to tell a great story. But this role also requires an aptitude for and interest in the complex engineering topics that comprise wireless power technology, including hardware, electromagnetics, mechanical, software, and systems design to bring our technical achievements to light in a way that appeals to business leaders, product managers and engineers alike.
Company Description: NuCurrent is a leading technology and IP company in the high growth field of wireless power and is emerging as the go-to provider of wireless power solutions for the world’s leading product companies. NuCurrent designs systems and key components for Fortune 500 companies and other industry leaders to enable wireless power transfer in new product releases. Named the 2019 Most Innovative Company in Illinois by Crain’s Chicago Business, the company serves leading companies in the automotive, consumer electronics, industrial, IoT, mobile, and wearables industries. The Company supports product teams within large companies to bring wireless power innovations to market faster, with fewer risks, lower costs and better technology, while pushing the boundaries of system performance, charge speed, user flexibility and form factors. NuCurrent is a fabless technology company with a robust network of certified manufacturers and is an active leader in specification development across multiple industry standards bodies. The company has an energetic, purpose-driven work environment built by phenomenal people who go beyond expectations, are highly curious, deeply innovative and, above all, put customers first.
Role and Responsibilities
When applying, please include a link to your content portfolio.
- Generate informative, engaging, and persuasive technical content geared toward building the NuCurrent brand, explaining technical innovation, demystifying bogus industry claims, and generally externalizing the magic that comes from our team of wireless power experts
- Contribute to and execute the content roadmap for all current and future products
- Help bring our brand voice to life across to key audiences through hands-on production of digital content (writing, editing, video production)
- Manage several large projects, managing and editing external writers, copyeditors, videographers and video editors
- Work closely with internal teams including Engineering to create content
- Help to scale and manage our content management systems
- Effectively manage the creative process to meet awards, media and internal deadlines
- Test and validate new content approaches using qualitative and quantitative methods
- Develop original and repackaged content, from story conception, to assigning, art directing, editing, and writing
- Ensure all content is on-brand and consistent in terms of style, quality, and tone
- Measure content performance and make adjustments based on data-driven insights.
- 3-5 years of experience developing content for complex technical solutions
- Exceptional writing and editing skill capabilities
- Strong content judgment, editorial and technical skills, and an intuition for good design.
- Experience and a passion for writing content related to electronics and technology
- Ability to meet deadlines and manage projects with multiple stakeholders and cross-functional team members
- The drive to meet deadlines and deliver exceptional results
- Passion for the wireless power industry and familiarity with companies and innovators in this space
- The versatility to generate creative, business, and technical content that may be comprehensive and detailed, or concise and captivating, based on various project needs
- The ability to thrive in a fast-paced, highly collaborative environment
- A proactive work ethic, exceptional people skills, and a positive outlook
- The ability to work autonomously as well as collaboratively
- Enthusiasm for a dynamic work environment, with the flexibility and agility to respond to changing business needs