Senior Embedded Software Engineer for Wireless Power Solutions
Experience: 5+ years relevant experience with BS Computer Science/Computer Engineering, or equivalent
Location: Chicago, IL USA Company Headquarters
Supervisor’s Title: VP Engineering
Company Description: NuCurrent is a leading technology and IP company in the high growth field of wireless power and is emerging as the go-to provider of wireless power solutions for the world’s leading product companies. Spanning across industries including auto, consumer, industrial, IoT, mobile, wearables and more, NuCurrent designs systems and key components for Fortune 500 companies and other industry leaders to enable wireless power transfer in new product releases. The Company supports product teams within large companies to bring wireless power innovations to market faster, with fewer risks, lower costs and better technology, while pushing the boundaries of system performance, charge speed, user flexibility and form factors. NuCurrent is a fabless technology company with a robust network of certified manufacturers and is an active leader in specification development across multiple industry standards bodies. NuCurrent has an energetic, purpose-driven work environment built by phenomenal people who go beyond expectations, are highly curious, deeply innovative and, above all, put customers first.
- Develop embedded software to operate wireless power systems in industries spanning consumer electronics, automotive, industrial and medical.
- Lead or co-lead the software development effort – from spec development to software delivery – of product-ready software code in wireless power embedded systems.
- Interact with key IC partners to allow for seamless integration of embedded code into wireless reference platforms.
- Interact with key customers to integrate NuCurrent’s solution for embedded systems.
- Work with hardware engineering team to integrate features that have high degree of hardware/ software interaction.
- Develop re-usable, modular, scalable embedded software that can be easily adopted into a diverse range of products.
- Work with management to establish software timelines and ensure timely delivery of products.
- Work collaboratively with strategic IC partners to integrate embedded software solutions.
- Contribute to the development of Intellectual Property.
Essential Knowledge and Skills:
- Candidate must have strong programming skills in embedded C, specifically writing & optimizing software for 8 to 32 bit bare metal embedded systems.
- Track record of shipping mixed-signal hardware including embedded micro-controllers.
- Good written & verbal communications skills, good interpersonal skills, and comfortable talking in front of management, key partners, and key customers.
- Ability to read an electrical hardware schematic.
- Experience with standard hardware bus interfaces, such as UART, I2C and SPI.
- Ability to be key member of small hardware “bring up” team.
- Proficiency in use of basic electrical tools, i.e. oscilloscope, multimeter, logic analyzer.
- Demonstrated success in resolution of technical challenges leveraging strong problem solving skills.
- Ability to work individually and in small teams that may include contractors working remotely.
- Experience using source code version control systems (SVN, Git).
Preferable Knowledge and Skills:
- Experience with software verification & testing.
- Experience with instrument control.
- Experience with NFC, AirFuel, or Qi wireless power standards a plus.
- Experience with NXP microcontrollers a plus.
- Linux kernel / driver experience is a plus.
- Machine Language/Assembler experience.
- C++ CLI/.Net experience.
- MATLAB experience.
- Scripting (shell, batch, python) experience.
- Low-level hardware design exposure.