Wireless Power Senior Mechanical Engineer
Experience: 10+ years relevant experience with BS ME
Location: Chicago, IL USA Company Headquarters
Supervisor’s Title: VP Engineering
Company Description: NuCurrent is a leading technology and IP company in the high growth field of wireless power and is emerging as the go-to provider of wireless power solutions for the world’s leading product companies. Spanning across industries including auto, consumer, industrial, IoT, mobile, wearables and more, NuCurrent designs systems and key components for Fortune 500 companies and other industry leaders to enable wireless power transfer in new product releases. The Company supports product teams within large companies to bring wireless power innovations to market faster, with fewer risks, lower costs and better technology, while pushing the boundaries of system performance, charge speed, user flexibility and form factors. NuCurrent is a fabless technology company with a robust network of certified manufacturers and is an active leader in specification development across multiple industry standards bodies. NuCurrent has an energetic, purpose-driven work environment built by phenomenal people who go beyond expectations, are highly curious, deeply innovative and, above all, put customers first.
- Lead all mechanical design related projects and activities for NuCurrent’s product portfolio
- Develop systems for applications in industries spanning consumer electronics, auto, infrastructure, industrial and medical
- Lead the entire mechanical development cycle – from spec development to delivery – of product-ready prototypes and BOM
- Work closely with Product Manager & Technical Apps/Marketing to manage projects, ensure timely delivery of high quality products and high quality technical support to customers and partners
- Work closely with suppliers and contract manufacturers (CM’s) to coordinate new product launch initiatives.
- Understand NuCurrent’s technology and processes, and institute best practices where needed
- Product design and development starting from concept to production
- Create detailed device hardware and sub-system specifications and drawings based on user needs, use cases and system requirements.
- Design for manufacturing
- Design for reliability
- Design for assembly
- Thermal analysis
- Injection molding design
- Perform tolerance analysis
- Design tests for reliability
- Analyze test results and make the required modifications
Knowledge and Skills:
- Demonstrated success in delivering results on technical challenges that included strong problem solving skills
- Strong documentation experience as related to design outputs and sub-system definition
- At least 5 years of experience designing high product volume, low cost consumer products
- Experience in electronic packaging (small devices) and PCB design using Cadence, Mentor Graphics, Altium, etc.
- Injection molding tool design
- Experience with Pro-Engineer (or another similar CAD tool)
- Familiar with high volume manufacturing processes
- Familiar with application of adhesives and potting materials
- Experience in rapid prototyping
- Ability to work individually and in small teams that may include contractors working remotely
- Ability to multitask and be flexible to evolving specifications and project dynamics.
- Knowledge of thermal management materials and experience in designing for thermal management.