Junior Embedded Software Engineer
Position Title: Junior Embedded Software Engineer
Experience: 0-5 years relevant experience with BS Computer Science/Computer Engineering, or equivalent
Location: Chicago, IL USA Company Headquarters
Role Description: NuCurrent is looking for a Junior Embedded Software Engineer who is motivated to work closely with a talented and diverse engineering group to bring hardware and software together to deliver end customer products. The candidate will work very closely with senior embedded software embedded engineers and hardware engineers to bring custom designed boards up from scratch, and exhibit strong cultural values that put the customer first, go beyond the standard, show strong ownership, innovate further, and show strong people skills.
Company Description: NuCurrent is a leading technology and IP company in the high growth field of wireless power and is emerging as the go-to provider of wireless power solutions for the world’s leading product companies. Spanning across industries including auto, consumer, industrial, IoT, mobile, wearables and more, NuCurrent designs systems and key components for Fortune 500 companies and other industry leaders to enable wireless power transfer in new product releases. The Company supports product teams within large companies to bring wireless power innovations to market faster, with fewer risks, lower costs and better technology, while pushing the boundaries of system performance, charge speed, user flexibility and form factors. NuCurrent is a fabless technology company with a robust network of certified manufacturers and is an active leader in specification development across multiple industry standards bodies. NuCurrent has an energetic, purpose-driven work environment built by phenomenal people who go beyond expectations, are highly curious, deeply innovative and, above all, put customers first.
- Develop embedded software to operate wireless power systems in industries spanning consumer electronics, automotive, industrial and medical.
- Design-to-spec and defined architecture practices product-ready software code in wireless power embedded systems.
- Work on key Wireless Power ICs for integration of embedded code into wireless reference platforms.
- Work on major Fortune 100, Fortune 500, and Fortune 1000 customer programs to integrate NuCurrent’s solution for embedded systems.
- Work with the hardware engineering team to integrate features that have a high degree of hardware/software interaction.
- Develop re-usable, modular, scalable embedded software that can be easily adopted into a diverse range of products.
- Work to ensure timely delivery of products.
- Contribute to the development of Intellectual Property.
ESSENTIAL KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS
- Candidate must have strong programming skills in embedded C.
- A desire to work with bare-metal systems and embedded micro-controllers.
- Good written & verbal communications skills, good interpersonal skills, and comfortable talking with management and team members.
- Ability to read an electrical hardware schematic.
- Ability to be key member of small hardware “bring up” team.
- Familiar with use of basic electrical tools, i.e. oscilloscope, multimeter, logic analyzer.
- Demonstrated success in resolution of technical challenges leveraging strong problem solving skills.
PREFERABLE KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS
- Experience using source code version control systems (SVN, Git).
- Experience with standard hardware bus interfaces, such as UART, I2C and SPI.
- Experience with software verification & testing.
- Experience with instrument control.
- Experience with NFC, AirFuel, or Qi wireless power standards.
- Experience with NXP microcontrollers.
- Linux kernel / driver experience.
- Machine Language/Assembler experience.
- C++ CLI/.Net experience.
- MATLAB experience.
- Scripting (shell, batch, python) experience.
- Low-level hardware design exposure.