- Experience selling electronic components in automotive, mobile and/or consumer electronics sectors
- Direct responsibility for closing sales in past 12 months (not sales manager)
- Technical sales ability with preference for BSEE or BSME background
Location: Chicago, IL
Company Description: NuCurrent is a venture-backed wireless power systems and electronic component company that has patented the world’s most efficient antennas for wireless power transfer. NuCurrent’s antennas and systems enable OEMs in the consumer electronics, automotive, mobile and furniture industries to achieve higher efficiency, a better user experience, and smaller form factors in their wirelessly powered devices. The wireless power industry is growing rapidly and customers turn to NuCurrent due to its proven superior technology, strong IP portfolio, expertise in wireless power system, and flexible solutions. NuCurrent has design wins with category leaders in automotive, apparel, wearables, consumer discretionary, mobile and more – now it is time for talented and motivated sales professionals to replicate this success, grow and broaden NuCurrent’s wins within these markets.
Reports To: VP, Sales & Marketing
PRIMARY PURPOSE AND FUNCTION:
- Responsible for growing the company’s revenue through design wins and production wins in multiple segments including, but not limited to, consumer electronics, automotive, mobile and furniture.
- Works with the VP, Sales & Marketing on setting and executing strategy related to revenue generation and growth.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Systematically identifies, qualifies and closes deals with customers.
- Experience working at all levels within customer hierarchy: C-level, engineering management, engineering, and purchasing
- Navigates complex organizations and relationships to deliver NuCurrent’s wireless power solutions to customers via established sales channels, distribution channels and partnerships.
- Works with VP, Sales & Marketing on developing strategy related to revenue generation including licensing, product mix, distribution networks, technology development and marketing.
- Travel to client sites.
- Negotiate and close technology licenses and product sales.
- Have fun! Few people get an opportunity to work in a high-octane startup at the cusp of a revolutionary market.
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS:
- BA or BS with 7+ years of electronics industry experience with an excellent sales track record.
- Exemplary, demonstrable track record of generating sales and revenue growth.
- Solid knowledge of the Sales Cycle
- Ability to understand and communicate high tech electronic components and value propositions.
- Passion for developing relationships and winning opportunities.
- Strategic ability to set vision and execute within multiple competencies.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to work individually and in small teams that may include direct-report sales and marketing personnel in the future.
- Ability to multitask and be flexible.
- Experience in wireless power applications.
- Track record of selling antennas or other wireless electronic components.
- Experience growing an early stage, venture-backed company.
- Engineering background and capabilities.