- Experience selling electronic components in automotive, mobile and/or consumer electronics sectors
- Direct responsibility for closing sales in past 12 months (not sales manager)
- Technical sales ability with preference for BSEE or BSME background
Location: Chicago, IL
Company Description: NuCurrent is a leading technology and IP company in the high growth field of wireless power and is emerging as the go-to provider of wireless power solutions for the world’s leading product companies. Spanning across industries including auto, consumer, industrial, IoT, mobile, wearables and more, NuCurrent designs systems and key components for Fortune 500 companies and other industry leaders to enable wireless power transfer in new product releases. The Company supports product teams within large companies to bring wireless power innovations to market faster, with fewer risks, lower costs and better technology, while pushing the boundaries of system performance, charge speed, user flexibility and form factors. NuCurrent is a fabless technology company with a robust network of certified manufacturers and is an active leader in specification development across multiple industry standards bodies. NuCurrent has an energetic, purpose-driven work environment built by phenomenal people who go beyond expectations, are highly curious, deeply innovative and, above all, put customers first.
Reports To: VP, Sales & Marketing
PRIMARY PURPOSE AND FUNCTION:
- Responsible for growing the company’s revenue through design wins and production wins in multiple segments including, but not limited to, consumer electronics, automotive, mobile and furniture.
- Works with the VP, Sales & Marketing on setting and executing strategy related to revenue generation and growth.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Systematically identifies, qualifies and closes deals with customers.
- Experience working at all levels within customer hierarchy: C-level, engineering management, engineering, and purchasing
- Navigates complex organizations and relationships to deliver NuCurrent’s wireless power solutions to customers via established sales channels, distribution channels and partnerships.
- Works with VP, Sales & Marketing on developing strategy related to revenue generation including licensing, product mix, distribution networks, technology development and marketing.
- Travel to client sites.
- Negotiate and close technology licenses and product sales.
- Have fun! Few people get an opportunity to work in a high-octane startup at the cusp of a revolutionary market.
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS:
- BA or BS with 7+ years of electronics industry experience with an excellent sales track record.
- Exemplary, demonstrable track record of generating sales and revenue growth.
- Solid knowledge of the Sales Cycle
- Ability to understand and communicate high tech electronic components and value propositions.
- Passion for developing relationships and winning opportunities.
- Strategic ability to set vision and execute within multiple competencies.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to work individually and in small teams that may include direct-report sales and marketing personnel in the future.
- Ability to multitask and be flexible.
- Experience in wireless power applications.
- Track record of selling antennas or other wireless electronic components.
- Experience growing an early stage, venture-backed company.
- Engineering background and capabilities.