Senior Software Architect
Position Title: Senior Software Architect
Experience: 15+ years relevant experience with BS Computer Science/Computer Engineering, or equivalent
Location: Chicago, IL USA Company Headquarters
Role Description: NuCurrent is looking for a Senior Software Architect who is motivated to work closely with a talented and diverse engineering group to bring hardware and software together to deliver end customer products. The candidate will work very closely with software engineers to help define the structure and architecture of all NuCurrent code, as well as with hardware engineers to bring custom designed boards up from scratch, and exhibit strong cultural values that put the customer first, go beyond the standard, show strong ownership, innovate further, and show strong people skills.
Company Description: NuCurrent is a leading technology and IP company in the high growth field of wireless power and is emerging as the go-to provider of wireless power solutions for the world’s leading product companies. Spanning across industries including auto, consumer, industrial, IoT, mobile, wearables and more, NuCurrent designs systems and key components for Fortune 500 companies and other industry leaders to enable wireless power transfer in new product releases. The Company supports product teams within large companies to bring wireless power innovations to market faster, with fewer risks, lower costs and better technology, while pushing the boundaries of system performance, charge speed, user flexibility and form factors. NuCurrent is a fabless technology company with a robust network of certified manufacturers and is an active leader in specification development across multiple industry standards bodies. NuCurrent has an energetic, purpose-driven work environment built by phenomenal people who go beyond expectations, are highly curious, deeply innovative and, above all, put customers first.
- Develop embedded software to operate wireless power systems in industries spanning consumer electronics, automotive, industrial and medical.
- Lead or co-lead the software development effort – from spec development to software delivery – of product-ready software code in wireless power embedded systems.
- Lead or co-lead the development of standards and company-wide software architecture decisions relative to product-ready software that is being developed.
- Interact with key IC partners and influence code decisions and seamless integration of code into wireless reference platforms.
- Interact with key customers to integrate NuCurrent’s solution for embedded systems.
- Work with the hardware engineering team to integrate features that have a high degree of hardware/software interaction
- Define and develop re-usable, modular, scalable embedded software is for NuCurrent developed software.
- Define best practices and processes for tracking, maintaining, and scheduling the development of code.
- Work with management to establish software timelines and ensure timely delivery of products.
- Contribute to the development of Intellectual Property.
ESSENTIAL KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS
- Candidate must have strong programming skills in embedded C, specifically writing & optimizing software for 8 to 32 bit bare metal embedded systems with a track record of shipping mixed-signal hardware including embedded micro-controllers.
- Excellent written & verbal communications skills, excellent interpersonal skills, and comfortable talking in front of management, key partners, software contractors, and key customers.
- Ability to read and quickly understand an electrical hardware schematic.
- Significant experience with standard hardware bus interfaces, such as UART, I2C and SPI.
- Proficiency in use of basic electrical tools, i.e. oscilloscope, multimeter, logic analyzer.
- Demonstrated success in resolution of technical challenges leveraging strong problem solving skills.
- Experience using source code version control systems (SVN, Git) with perspective on best tools and practices for an efficient software process.
- Experience with software verification & testing.
PREFERABLE KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS
- Experience with NFC, AirFuel, or Qi wireless power standards.
- Experience with NXP microcontrollers.
- Linux kernel / driver experience.
- Machine Language/Assembler experience.
- C++ CLI/.Net experience.
- MATLAB experience.
- Scripting (shell, batch, python) experience.
- Low-level hardware design exposure.