Platform offers patented high-frequency wireless charging technology, delivering up to 300W of power, multi-device charging and extended freedom of placement for a host of new product applications.
CHICAGO (March 24, 2021) – NuCurrent announced today the launch of its NuEva HF Development Platform which provides innovative options for product developers interested in wireless charging. The platform – which is based on inductive resonant power transfer – brings new functionality and benefits compared to RF-based methods and inductive-based charging methods like Qi.
“There are a great number of product categories that aren’t well-served by RF and inductive charging,” said CEO, Jacob Babcock. “NuEva HF delivers power levels about 1,000X higher than RF and it provides positioning flexibility about 100X that of Qi, plus it offers the ability to charge multiple devices simultaneously. So, for the first time, manufacturers are finding an option that really meets the needs for their products.”
- Multi-device charging from a single transmitter
- Greater spatial freedom and positioning flexibility
- High system efficiencies and uniform charging zones
- Power levels up to 300W
- Surface “repeater” technology that extends charging surface areas using low-cost passive electronics driven from a single power source.
- Multi-layer, multi-turn (MLMT) antennas that increase efficiencies and lower thermals
- Methods for cost-effective EMI mitigation
- In-band communications for reduced cost system (compared to Bluetooth)
- Options for power transfer through a variety of materials (metal, tissue)
Above: Watch the technology demonstration to see NuCurrent’s NuEva HF platform in action
For more information on determining which wireless power transfer method is appropriate for specific applications, product developers are encouraged to register for the upcoming To Qi or Not to Qi webinar, hosted by NuCurrent on Wednesday, March 31 from 12:00 – 1:00 PM CT. The session will close with a live audience Q&A.